Saturday 12 January 2019

2018 - The Year of Adventures and Mishmashes

Welcome to my blog, where I am not only focusing on my music creations, but also on other various things, which are relate to my inspirations, projects, discoveries, experience, journeys and people I meet on the way, with who I cooperate, or not...


During the end of Summer 2018 in South Poland, near the mountains and Czech Republic


The year started pretty weird, as I realised many things about my current state of life, people around me, and my directional paths, could be improved.

It took me some time, to kind of wake up, like from a dream, and make a decision to change a little bit in my life, yet again. As my previous year, 2017, was a year of new beginnings, where I have reconnected with my Croatian roots, and had my past nonsense got rid of, in form of abandoning and selling most of my stuff. 

This was an introduction to a small journey I have feared of and never could imagine, as my summer in 2018 began with starting from zero.


Photo taken during my walk in Czech Republic

Began with deep feelings, a constellation of emotions and various states of fear, doubts, as well as need to change a direction.

A voice told me, which I haven't heard from for a while so strongly, that the time has come, to manifest the energy spent researching, observing and analysing the life I have lived. The year of being over 30 years old, not having a stable income, a permanent address, a business, wife and children, only a glimpse of something that some could call a lost man.

First, it went into artistic creativity, while I was doing some videos at the beginning of the year, and helping out a person I worked with closely for some time, I made this digital art:

Project Multiverse - Synthase Retrowave 80s
You can find it on DeviantArt, where you can even buy a copy of it or print it on small products like a mug - http://fav.me/dc4xkz5

If you are registered there too, feel free to favourite this art, and become my watcher. I will do my best to do the same.

Later at the beginning of June, it went into something a bit more manual and hand made, where it really started with destroying my Acer laptop, due to its horrible performance, but ended on making these:



At a website called 'Imgur', which I started following regularly in the year of 2018, I posted step by step on how I made this so called sack, or a pouch, which could be used as a tiny, leather wallet - https://imgur.com/gallery/k20rnmP

In June 2018, for my birthday, I decided to abandon even more, and try do something very simplistic but also good. Through a website I discovered a year earlier - Workaway, I found a great opportunity to provide my help and support to a Polish-German family.



Click to view my profile, if it still exists

The host was based near Opole, where I was living, in a village called Szczedrzyk. I have joined the family on a farm, and for only a week I helped in their eco-friendly home project:



Decided to build a bench and a gate for them, to make their future work easier and more flexible. Here are photos taken while constructing the project:


Low Budget Recycled Fence-Gate Upgrade


After this experience, I realised I can make another step towards my redemption, of letting go the past once more, and cleanse through the burdens into a new beginning, a new path.

So, I applied for a job, on a production, in Czech Republic, to cut my ego and get paid for something simple and monotonically kind of stupid. Packed everything that would fit in a backpack, took a tent, a sleeping back, and my documents and two Android devices. 

My current life of materialism was fitted in one, and later carried on my back and shoulders, to feel the heaviness of its meaning.  





Traveled first to Katowice by train, where I met a cool guy, who might be related to my mother's family side, via Couchsurfing. He provided me with shelter at his apartment he got after he split with his girlfriend-partner while ago.

On the next day, through an unknown recruitment agency, I traveled to Pardubice, which turned out to be quiet of a lovely place.



Although, the town was neat and swell, the work wasn't.

Less than a month had passed, and I have made a quick decision, to quit the job. Couldn't stand seeing the mess within the management, and I realised that the job is too boring for me. Even though I have worked on similar positions, I learnt it's not for me anymore, to stand on a line for stuff to come, so I could put a stupid label on a cardboard box. 

The other reason was the treatment I received from the supervisors. Which could have been called as harassment, just because I didn't understand most of what they spoke in Czech, so I just went back to my hotel when I felt it was too much.


I didn't take the rest of my payment, tried to inform the manager, but for some reason I was not able to send a text. So I packed my things, left the keys and ID, and went on a walk, up north, towards a Czech-Polish border, which was around 100 km from Pardubice.





From there, I walked while thinking through all the stuff. Like if I had to digest the whole package, received through out the years, since I came back to my own country - Poland.

To be continued in Part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment